Sunday, January 2, 2011

Does day one really count??

Day One

Starting my new healthier eating habits seemed to have been met with unprecedented events. Unlike any other year, this first day of 2011 was met with a wedding. How do you eat healthier at a wedding? That wedding cake and cookies were screaming my name. When you stick a bunch of family in the same space you are just forced to eat. It is like there is a magnet drawing you to all of the bad-for-you type of foods. I am not sure how to reverse the pole in this attraction, nor did I really know how to choose the best foods to eat at a wedding. I did the best I could, but after speaking to some family members they told me that the first of the year does not count. It was told to me that the very first day of the year was a 'free' day, and I didn't have to worry too much about changing my habits. Do I believe them? I ate more then I wanted to (two sandwiches instead of one, and the second was a full one with all of the dressings.  I do think I did better then I normally would have because I had one small piece of cake. For anybody that knows me, that is a huge sacrifice.

The next biggest challenge

 

In a little more then one week, my birthday will be here. Should that day count??

No comments:

Post a Comment